The mission of CBL is to create and serve an informed public, one challenged and invigorated by an understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures.
To accomplish our mission, CBL:
- produces and acquires programming that meets the highest standards of journalism, cultural expression and entertainment;
- seeks advice and guidance from the community;
- provides a workplace that values professional growth, experimentation and cultural diversity;
- and utilizes state–of–the–art communication technologies.
The fundamental values that guide our mission are:
- respect for the intelligence of our listeners;
- relevance to the local community;
- accuracy, thoroughness and fairness in reporting;
- creative use of sound to engage the intelligence, curiosity and imagination of listeners;
The station is operated by Central Broadcast Network. It is available on Satellite Badr-4 in Gulf.
CBL has earned a 4-star rating from Community Broadcasters in 2015.
Board meetings scheduled :
- November 12, 2015
- January 8, 2016
- March 12, 2016
- May 7, 2016
- July 9, 2016
- September 17, 2016
Board committee meetings scheduled:
- Executive: 2/12, 4/9, 6/11, 8/13, 10/8, 12/10
- Development: 1/30, 4/22, 7/13, 11/18
- Finance/Audit: 1/22, 5/21, 6/11, 10/22
- Governance: 2/23, 4/28, 6/8, 8/3
- Strategic Planning: 3/23, 9/28, 12/16