- Leading and managing the planning, production and presentation of news.
- supervising the news department staff.
- report to the program director / general manager and working in cooperation with station leadership and staff to support the station mission.
- he have responsibility and understanding of news planning, reporting, editing and production.
- helping define and maintain ethical, editorial, artistic and technical standards for broadcast news programs.
- assisting with news programming decisions and news operations.
- responsible for the journalistic integrity of all station platforms.
- directing the activities of the news staff to develop story ideas, track issues and events, select reporters for coverage, schedule stories for air, and schedule time for interviewing, writing and editing.
- he serves as a primary editor to insure news reports are produced in an effective, timely and responsible manner.
- he have to act as a proactive liaison to various internal and external constituencies to advance the station’s news programming. These may include the station programming and operations and development staffs. These may also include other appropriate radio organizations such as NPR, Marketplace, etc.
- he is part of the news team and contributes content on a regular basis. he may need to anchor newscasts, host talk programs, appear as a program guest, and produce various spots, features or special programmes.
- helping set goals and monitor scheduling and performance of news personnel.
- Personnel management includes recruitment and hiring.