Supervising reporters and cover and present stories from regional and local press, as well as news and politics, reporting on sports, arts and culture, science and business. Coverage of local events, entertainment and human interest stories.
To write stories allocated to them by the news desk.
- interviewing people in a range of different circumstances;
- building contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organisations, the general public, etc;
- seeking out and investigating stories via contacts, press releases and other media;
- answering the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories;
- working closely with the news team, photographers and editors;
- recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment;
- creating and uploading news content for the Radio;
- ‘live’ online reporting when covering important events.