To cover and present stories from regional and local press. As well as news and politics, to report on sports, arts and culture, science and business. To local events, entertainment and human interest stories.
- interviewing people in a range of different circumstances;
- building contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organisations, the general public, etc;
- seeking out and investigating stories via contacts, press releases and other media;
- attending press conferences and asking questions;
- attending a variety of events, such as council meetings, magistrates’ court proceedings, football matches, talent contests, etc;
- working closely with the news team, photographers and editors;
- recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment;
- creating and uploading news content for the Radio;
- ‘live’ online reporting when covering important events.