Alleged victim’s mother: Cosby pronounced he was a ‘sick man’


NORRISTOWN, Pa. Bill Cosby told a mom of a lady who has indicted him of passionate attack that he was a “sick man” and apologized, a mom testified on Wednesday during a comedian’s rapist trial.

Gianna Constand, Andrea Constand’s mother, told a Pennsylvania jury that she had a 2-1/2-hour phone review with Cosby after her daughter told her about a purported 2004 attack a year after it happened.

“He certified he was a ill man,” she said, as a 79-year-old entertainer, sat with his conduct bent and shook his conduct vigorously. “He said, ‘I apologize to Andrea and we apologize to you.'”

The explain came after Andrea Constand finished some-more than 6 hours of testimony, as invulnerability lawyers sought to criticise her credit by portraying her as an opportunist who followed Cosby’s affections before production a story in sequence to go after his fortune.

Cosby has faced passionate attack allegations from dozens of women, though Constand’s indictment is a usually one to lead to rapist charges. The male once famous as “America’s dad” for his purpose in a 1980s radio strike “The Cosby Show,” has denied all wrongdoing.

Defense attorneys were discerning to claim that a elder Constand had misconstrued a conversation, that contained striking details, and pronounced Cosby had asked a younger Constand to “tell a truth” about a encounter.

“He was contemptible that we were upset,” invulnerability counsel Angela Agrusa said, providing an swap reason for Cosby’s apology.

“No, he was contemptible for what he did,” Gianna Constand shot back.

Constand available a successive review with Cosby that was played for a jury. During that call, Cosby avoided any contention of a occurrence and instead suggested he would be peaceful to compensate for Constand to attend connoisseur school.

The testimony came a day after Andrea Constand described a purported assault, that she pronounced came after Cosby gave her 3 unclear bills that left her feeling “frozen” and incompetent to resist.

Phone annals showed Constand called Cosby 53 times between Jan. 20, 2004, days after a incident, and Mar 31, 2004, when she left Temple University, including twice on Valentine’s Day. They also indicated she called lawyers specializing in polite lawsuit before stating a purported attack to police.

Constand told jurors she had usually oral with Cosby a handful of times, all associated to her executive pursuit with a women’s basketball module during Temple. Cosby, a university trustee, followed a entertainment dialect closely, she said.

Agrusa remarkable that Constand and Cosby exchanged countless gifts, and that a comedian gave her cashmere sweaters, redolence and a $225 hair dryer.

Constand sued Cosby in 2005 after prosecutors primarily motionless not to assign him. The lawsuit was staid in 2006 for an undisclosed sum.

(Reporting by Joseph Ax; Editing by Scott Malone, Jonathan Oatis and Chris Reese)


About Author

Leave A Reply